Each residence hall offers many part-time positions (including work-study jobs) that are available to its residents. These positions range from working at the hall’s reception desk to working with food service to working with the custodial team. Student employees receive bi-weekly payroll checks. To find out about full time positions within Housing & Residential Life, visit the University of Minnesota Job Center.

Full Time Employment

General employment positions

Work With Us Full Time

Part Time Jobs

Housing & Residential Life

  • Part-Time Employment Positions: Information on part-time positions (including work-study jobs) that are available to students
  • Student Employee Application: This is a general application and some positions have specific applications that must be completed. Please see job descriptions for details.

How to apply for student positions:

  1. See the University of Minnesota Job Site for current openings.
  2. For jobs listed on this website, please contact the appropriate person (see position descriptions).
  3. Fill out the correct application form and return to the contact person. Some forms are available through this website.
  4. If there are openings available and you are qualified for the position, you will be contacted for an interview or for additional information.

Note: Student employees do not have to pay social security tax.

Student Employment Address

Donhowe Building
319 15th Ave SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455

EEO statement

The University of Minnesota shall provide equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.