Graduate Students

Graduate students at the University of Minnesota have a variety of housing options, including on-campus and off-campus accommodations. If you have any questions regarding the following housing options, please contact our office.

On-Campus Housing

Housing & Residential Life reserves spaces for graduate students in both Centennial Hall and University Village.
Reserved space is limited and room contracts are given on a first come, first served basis.


*Minimum 3 credits for fall and spring semesters
*Minimum 1 credit for May or summer sessions
*Submit housing application by May 1

Centennial Hall is a residence hall located in the Superblock; most reserved spaces are single rooms, and students are required to purchase a meal plan.

University Village (UV) is one of the on-campus apartments, located on the East Bank campus. Residents of UV are provided a full kitchen, and meal plan purchase is optional.

To apply for on-campus housing, visit and follow the instructions for first-time applicants.

Housing Cooperatives

Housing & Residential Life contracts with two separate student owned cooperatives to provide housing for University of Minnesota students. Each cooperative manages and maintains the University housing complexes. Single graduate students and students with families can apply to live in these co-ops.

Commonwealth Terrace Cooperative (CTC) is located south of the University of Minnesota's St. Paul campus and west of the State Fairgrounds. CTC is only a few blocks from the inter-campus bus line and has easy access to the freeway system.

Como Student Community Cooperative (CSCC) is located between Hennepin and Como Avenues and between 27th and 29th Avenues Southeast. CSCC is approximately halfway between the St. Paul and Minneapolis campuses and is located on the city bus line.

West Bank Townhouses

These homes can be shared with other students and require the same credit requirements as listed for on-campus housing. More information found here:

Privately-Managed Housing Near Campus

Housing & Residential Life maintains an online database of available apartments, houses, and condos. Students may search for housing by neighborhood, rent range, number of bedrooms, pet policy, and more.

Visit to start your search!

Any questions regarding apartment pricing and availability should be directed to the landlord listed.

Please contact our office with assistance accessing the site, if needed.

For more helpful information, please visit the University of Minnesota's official Graduate School Website