Housing & Residential Life
Welcome to the University of Minnesota! Read this page carefully as there is a lot of important information for you to know.
Housing Options during the Academic Year:
- On-Campus Housing (apply for on-campus housing here)
- Students Crossing Borders (on-campus internationally themed)
- Family Student Housing
- Off-Campus Housing
- Off-Campus Housing Workshop
- Temporary Housing Reservations (International Reception Center)
- Temporary Housing (off campus)
- Hotels and motels around campus
Not sure if you need temporary housing? If you are living in campus housing, but arriving on campus *before* your Housing contract begins: You will need to make arrangements for temporary housing as you are arriving in Minneapolis before the official stated date of your on-campus housing contract. (View contract dates here.)
Limited temporary housing is also available on campus under the Summer Guest Housing Program starting June 1st through mid August. This is an option for spouses and children who are not eligible for the International Reception Center.
Upon Arrival at the University of Minnesota
REMINDER: Be sure to check in at the International Student and Scholar Services when you arrive:
- 190 Humphrey Center, 301-19th Avenue South, which is on the West Bank of the Minneapolis campus.
- You will need to have your documents checked and sign up for an International Student Orientation Program.
Helpful resources and Links:
Didn't get your questions answered here...