Housing & Residential Life
Preparing for your move to campus
- You will receive your Housing Assignment. Make a note of your assigned move-in time.
- Learn about your residence hall or apartment building.
- Get to know your roommate.
- Get your computer ready: go to www.resnet.umn.edu
- Get directions to campus
- Check Minnesota Department of Transportation for construction updates, ramp closures and detours. For information on the Central Corridor light rail transit construction, visit www.lightrail.umn.edu.
- Double check your pre-assigned move in time, and plan your trip to campus accordingly.
When you arrive…
- You will be asked to unload your belongings curbside and then move to appropriate parking.
- Student checks in at hall and gets their keys. You will be asked to show a Photo ID so have one ready.
- Be prepared to wait for carts (bring your own handcart if you have one), checking-in and the elevators.
- Start moving your belongings into your new room.
- Set up your room.
- LOFTS - Students who ordered a loft from bedloft.com by the deadline will have a loft set up in his/her room upon arriving to campus. For more information on lofts in the residence halls, see our Loft FAQs.
- While your student gets settled, parents are invited to attend the Parent Reception. For information on this event and other parent events throughout the year, visit http://www.parent.umn.edu/events.html.
Welcome Week is a six-day, on-campus experience prior to the start of the fall semester, required of all first-year students. This new program is designed to complement the First-Year Student Orientation experience and provide opportunities to enhance academic and personal success for first-year students. Visit the Welcome Week home page for more information
Didn't get your questions answered here...