Campus: Minneapolis East Bank, Superblock
Hall Type: Residence Hall
Population: 735, co-ed, first-year residents
Year Built: 1959
Number of Floors: 4
Frontier Hall Amenities
See Specific Room Furnishings Below
Unlimited Electricity, Heat, Water, Internet. It's all included.
Every building features a laundry facility. Unlimited laundry is included at no extra cost.
24/7 Information Desk
UMN-TV Cable with HBO
UMN-TV Internet Streaming
WiFi is included in rooms, common areas, throughout the building, and throughout campus.
Gigabit Ethernet Internet
If you have specific needs, we're here to help. Learn more about disability resources.
Access-Controlled Entry, Security Cameras, 24/7 Staffing
Connected To Building
Common Area Lounges
Music Practice Rooms
Tech Lab with Macs & PCs, Remote Printing & Adobe Creative Suite. Learn More About Labs
Outdoor Bicycle Racks
Frontier Hall Room Types
One room is occupied by two residents. The average square footage is 187. A common bathroom is shared by approximately seven rooms. The contract length is fall/spring. There are approximately 273 doubles in Frontier.
Two rooms are occupied by two residents with a shared 3/4 bath including a shower and toilet separating the rooms and with sinks located in each room. The average square footage is 219. The contract length is fall/spring. There are approximately 46 2-person suites in Frontier.
Frontier Hall Rates
- 2-Person Suite with Bath:$3,053
Frontier Hall Room Furnishings
All rooms in Frontier Hall include the following:
- Carpeted floors
- Desk & chair
- Drawer space
- Extra long twin bed (36 inches x 80 inches)
- Mattress pad
- Recycling 3-part containers
- Semi-private baths (North Wing)
- Window coverings
- 1 telephone jack (phone & cord not provided)
- 1 gigabit Ethernet internet jack per resident (cord not provided)
- 1 cable TV jack (TV & cord not provided)
Connect with Frontier Staff
As an Assistant Residence Director, I supervise the Pioneer Hall Community Advisor staff and help students create safe, inclusive, and respectful communities in the residence halls.
Where I Can Help
Support and Encouragement for Students
Diversity and Social Justice Dialogue
Campus Resource Guidance
Bachelor's of Arts, Psychology, Augsburg College
Arrival to the University of Minnesota
My Favorite Quote/Motto/Personal Philosophy
"It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness."
Personal Gender Pronouns
Ann HawesBusiness Operations Supervisor (BOS)
• Manage and oversee the operations of the business office and information desk.
• Assists the Residence Director and Assistant Residence Director.
• Supervise Office Assistants and Tour Guides.
• Answer questions related to application-contract, billings, and meal plans.
• Advise and assist residents and guests.
• Coordinate and implement summer conference logistics.
Where I Can Help
• Room & Board Contract
• Contract Release
• Room change or room switch
• Hall transfer
• Room Re-application
• Winter Break – Early Arrival – Late Stay
• Temporary or Lost Keys
• Building Access
• Mail or package delivery
• Hall Tours
• Summer School
• Summer Conferences Groups
Evan GroveComputer Center Coordinator (CCC)
Office Hours - Frontier Lab 202
Tuesday - 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Wednesday - 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Friday - 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Sunday - 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Get InvolvedLearn More
Get to know your neighbors.
Social Justice Leadership Retreat
Be an ally. Be a leader.
Student Conduct Board (SCB)
Serve as a hearing officer.
We're all in this together. Join in.
Foundation for Success
Be successful. Learn more.
Engage in meaningful discussions about campus issues. Start a conversation.
Local TransitLearn More
- 10min.Walk to Coffman Student Center
- 9min.Walk to TCF Bank Stadium
- 12min.Light Rail to Downtown Minneapolis